Day 5, 6

Author: Sushrut /

After steep learning week 1, week 2 started with a lot of comfort for me. I thought I knew what was to be done, and much of it has turned out in that way. Teaching them is now fun, easy and tension-less exercise for me, with my permanent fear of running out of topics to teach and half an hour to spend has now subsided significantly. I prepare for half an hour, mostly by reading into that fat book, preparing the next day's HW and deciding to teach them only that which is needed to solve that HW. Prof. Wagner's teaching style has had a huge impact on my way of teaching is what I feel. His utmost confidence about his own subject matter is what I was impressed most with and I try to maintain that while teaching. People like Jenny, Nora, Liss and Kim find it very valuable I think.

I can see a huge gap now forming with the backbenchers but I cant stop and hold back the class for them - a mistake I made in the first week. I have got to run, I have got to do difficult things in class, so as to keep interest of people like Heather, Jose and Cindy and at the same time, I have to atleast show that I am doing something for the back-runners. Tutors are indeed a big big help in this regard. I see them working tirelessly with disinterested, little (un) motivated students and yet never complain. I owe them for this.

Now my HWs are long, I am glad that a topic of functions was nicely learnt by most others. Now I hope this reflects well in the test too. I want everyone else to be at about the same level so that I can go along smoothly. I am impressed with Lisette's handwriting and tidy work, Erik/Moses's quick understanding, Jenny's ability to take efforts, Nora's frankness and Kashira's ability to perform well within her limits. Jose is been there done that and Heather is kinda smart but I dont have a problem with any one in the class. Not even Francisco, not even Kim or not Eli, who btw, remains the most mysterious person to me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment